Sweet & Smoky Salmon Kabobs - Vino Mas
Sweet & Smoky Salmon Kabobs
How to Make It:
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 2 1⁄4 lbs skinless salmon fillet, cut into 1 1/2 inch chunks
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- In large bowl, combine sugar, paprika, chili powder, red pepper, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Rub mixture between fingers to break up any lumps of sugar.
- Add salmon and zucchini and toss to evenly coat with spice mixture.
- Thread zucchini slices, 2 at a time and alternating with salmon, onto skewers.
- Place on hot grill grate and cook 9 to 11 minutes or until salmon turns opaque throughout, turning occasionally.
Recipe modified from Good Housekeeping July 2009