Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken Tenders w/ Pinot Grigio
FOR THE CHICKEN MARINADE, WHISK:
FOR THE CHICKEN, WRAP:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary (reserve stems)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh garlic
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 8 chicken tenders (14 oz.)
- 8 slices prosciutto (4–6 oz.)
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil.
- For the marinade, whisk together oil, lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, salt, and pepper in a bowl.
- For the chicken, wrap each tender with a slice of prosciutto, then thread, accordion-style, onto rosemary stems or skewers. Place skewers in a shallow dish; drizzle with some of the marinade, reserving 2–4 Tbsp. to drizzle over tenders after grilling. Place a strip of foil on grill to shield ends of rosemary skewers from flames.
- Grill tenders, uncovered, until cooked through, 2–3 minutes per side. Remove skewers from grill; drizzle with reserved marinade.
FOR THE GARLIC FRENCH BREAD:
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- Pinch of Cayenne pepper
- 8 slices French Baguette (1 1/2 in thick)
- Minced Lemon Zest
- Chopped fresh Cilantro
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- Melt, butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic and cayenne; cook until fragrant, 1 minute.
- Dip one side of baguette slices in butter mixture; grill, butter side down, covered, about 1 minute. Top baguette slices with zest and cilantro before serving.
Served with Creamy cucumber, radish and tomato chopped salad.
Paired with Terra Alpina Pinot Grigio: see recipe here
Cuisine at Home Issue 135 June 2019