White Bean & Sun Dried Tomato Gnocchi
- ½ cup sliced oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes plus 2 tablespoons oil from the jar, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package shelf-stable gnocchi
- 1 (15 ounce) can low-sodium cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1 (5 ounce) package baby spinach
- 1 large shallot, minced
- ⅓ cup low-sodium no-chicken broth or chicken broth
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add gnocchi and cook, stirring often, until plumped and starting to brown, about 5 minutes. Add beans and spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted, about 1 minute. Transfer to a plate.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon oil to the pan and heat over medium heat. Add sun-dried tomatoes and shallot; cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Increase heat to high and add broth. Cook until the liquid has mostly evaporated, about 2 minutes.
: Reduce heat to medium and stir in cream, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Return the gnocchi mixture to the pan and stir to coat with the sauce. Serve topped with basil.
Served with Roasted Pork Chops
Paired with Elderton Shiraz / Cabernet Blend
Recipe from Eating Well October 2021