Roots Remoulade with Smoked Salmon - Vino Mas
Roots Remoulade with Smoked Salmon
- 1 ¼ cups sour cream
- 3 Tbsp whole-grain mustard
- 3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¾ tsp fine sea salt, plus more to taste
- Fresh ground pepper
- 1 ½ lb mixed root vegetables (such as orange and yellow carrots, radishes, golden beets, kohlrabi, celery root and parsnips)
- 4 oz smoked salmon
- ¼ cup flat leaf parsley
Pairing: Vermentino, White Bordeaux/ Sauvingnon Blanc - Semillion blend, Viognier
- Whisk together sour cream, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper in a large bowl and set aside.
- Peal root vegetables and cut, shred or julienne vegetables that you decide to use for the salad. I used my vegetable strip maker from papered chef, but you can also use a box cheese grater.
- Toss shredded vegetables in sour cream mixture until well coated. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 1 day.
- Flake salmon into bite-size pieces; plate vetable mixture, top with salmon and gently toss. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with fresh flat leaf parsley.