Cilantro Lime Shrimp Scampi with Garnacha Bianca
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro stems plus 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves, divided
- 4 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cups white wine (I used the Ganacha Bianco)
- 1 ½ pounds peeled and deveined raw large shrimp, tail-on
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- ¾ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Torn baguette, for serving
Heat butter and oil in a large skillet over medium-high, stirring often, until butter is melted. Add cilantro stems, garlic, and red pepper. Cook, stirring constantly, until very fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove skillet from heat, and turn off heat.
Add wine. Return to heat over medium-high; cook, stirring occasionally, until liquid has evaporated, about 1 minute. Add shrimp, salt, and black pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are opaque and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in lime juice and cilantro leaves. Season with salt to taste. Serve immediately with torn baguette.
Paired with Botijo Blanco Garnacha Bianca
Adapeted from Food & Wine May 2021