Grilled Watermelon Lettuce Cups
Grilled Watermelon Lettuce Cups paired with Can Feixes Blanc Seleccio
GRILL IT - Grilled Watermelon Lettuce Cups
- 1 inch thick Wedges of Seedless Watermelon
- Bibb Lettuce
- English Cucumber
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- Scallions – green onions
- Fresh Cilantro
- Chopped peanuts or almonds (I used slivered almonds)
- Optional: Salad Dressing - we used OPA lighthouse Avocado Cilantro Greek Yogurt dressing
- I also grilled and cut up a Poblano Pepper and added that to the salad
- Lightly Brush wedges of watermelon with EVOO on both sides. Grill over medium-high heat until well marked. No more than 2-3 min per side. Let cool slightly and then cut into small chunks discarding the rind.
- Wisk lime juice, brown sugar and fish sauce together.
- Toss with the watermelon and let stand 15-20 minutes.
- Serve in bibb lettuce leaves with sliced cucumbers, scallions, cilantro, (pepper if used) and chopped peanuts or almonds. Top with Salad dressing if desired.
Paired with Can Feixes Blanc Seleccio
(Vino Mas August 2020 wine club selection)
Food Network Magazine July/August 2018