For the Tuna:
For the Tomato/Mushroom topping:
1) Pat tuna steaks with paper towels to remove excess moisture then place in a shallow dish.
2) Mix all spices with oil and lemon juice in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Allow to rest for at least 5 minutes to blend together.
3) Add Olive Oil to skillet and sauté cherry tomatoes and mushrooms until soft. Add salt, seasoning and red pepper. Cover and keep warm.
4) Brush mixture on both sides of Tuna steaks and allow steaks to rest for another 5 minutes.
5) Cook steaks in a cast iron pan OR grill steaks on hot grill 2-5 minutes on each side to attain desired doneness. Be careful NOT or over cook. There should still be some pinkness to the center. Most people prefer warm red centers.
6) To serve: Place a small amount of the tomato and mushroom mixture on the plate, place Tuna on top of mix and top with more tomato/mushroom mixture. Serve immediately.
Adapted from Spark Recipies