Zucchini, Artichoke and Lemon Pasta
- 1/3 pound dried spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 zucchini, cut into matchsticks
- 1 jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 4 tablespoons cream
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp of italian seasoning
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan plus extra for serving
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Optional: Chopped Basil and oregano
Cook the spaghetti in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente. Reserve 1 cup of the cooking water then drain the spaghetti and tip back into the saucepan. Toss with a little olive oil and cover to keep warm.
Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan and add the onion and garlic with a good pinch of salt, cook for a couple of miniutes. Add the zucchini and artichokes and cook until the onions and zucchini are almost tender. Add the cream, lemon zest and juice, Itlaian seasoning, Parmesan and ½ a cup of the reserved cooking water. Season with salt, pepper and simmer until reduced a little.
Tip the sauce over the hot spaghetti and combine, adding a little extra cooking water if needed to loosen the sauce. Stir in the parsley and fresh basil and oregano.
Divide the pasta and vegetables between warm bowls and top with extra Parmesan and a grind of pepper.
Paired with La Ferme Du Mont Cotes Du Rhone
Recipie adapted from Dish Magazine