Shrimp, Crab and Avocado Ceviche paired with Jacquère
- 1/2 pound plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced into small pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 1 large avocado, cut into small pieces
- 1 pound raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1/2 pound crab meat, drained, picked over - Optional
- 2 limes, juiced + 1/2 lime Juiced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips for serving
1. Cut up all of the shrimp into small pieces and add to a large mixing bowl with juice of 2 fresh squeezed limes. Put it in the fridge to let the acid from the juice "cook" the shrimp for 30 minutes. Be careful not to leave it in the juice for too long, it will overcook the shrimp.
2. While the shrimp are marinading, finely dice the tomatoes, cucumber, onion, jalapeno and 1/4 cup cilantro and mix together.
3. When the shrimp is ready, mix vegetables in with the shrimp. Add the crab if you are using it. Mix in honey and Olive Oil, hot sauce and the juice of 1/2 a lime. Season with Salt and Pepper to taste. Marinade in refrigerator for at least another 20 minutes for the flavors to meld.
4. Just before serving, stir in avocado and the rest of the cilantro. Serve with Tortilla Chips.
As a note, this is my recipie, you can modify it however you want. I also used 2 Tsp's of Cavender's All purpose Greek seasoning for seasoning. You can add any other seasoning as you want.
Paired with Vin De Savoie Apremont Jacquère white wine