Cauliflower Salad with Dill Ranch Dressing
Crispy Cauliflower shines in this salad bringing the cold-weather garden to the table. The ranch dressing smooths the bitter edges of the cauliflower making the salad more wine friendly. Paired wit the Pavette Sauvignon Blanc, it will keep us dreaming of the warmer weather that is just a few months away.
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 large apple
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small zucchini
- 1/3 cup toasted pinot nuts
- Green onions, only the green stems (optional)
- Fresh dill for topping (optional)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup fresh dill - I used dried dill
Paired with Pavette Sauvignon Blanc
- Whisk ALL ingredients for Dressing together. (Add a little Tabasco, Worcestershire or Dijon mustard if you want more punch). Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Cut core from Cauliflower and break into large florets. Slice florets as thinly as possible; you will have both large thin shavings of cauliflower and small florets - Add to bowl.
- Peel, core and thinly dice / slice the apple, toss with lemon juice so that it does not discolor and add to bowl.
- Thinly slice zucchini - I used a vegetable peeler for thin strips - and add to bowl.
- Toss veggies and apple salad with as much dressing to taste.
- Top with Pine nuts, fresh dill and sliced green onions if using. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
Adapted from Wine Enthusiast | Best of Year 2022