Grilled Steak with Mint Chimichurri - Vino Mas
Grilled Steak with Mint Chimichurri
For the Chumichurri, Puree:
For the Kebabs:
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 2 cups fresh parsley leaves - you can add any fresh herbs in addition to equal 2 cups you don’t want this much parsley
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp. each red wine vinegar and fresh lemon juice
- 1 ½ tsp. minced lemon zest
- 1 - 2 shallots ( I used diced red onion)
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1 1/4 beef tenderloin or top sirloin, cut into 2-inch chunks
Pairings: Cabernet, Cabernet Franc, Bordeaux Blend
- Preheat grill for two-zone grilling, heating one side to medium and the other to medium-high. Brush grill grate with oil.
- For the chimichurri, purée mint, parsley, 1⁄2 cup oil, garlic, vinegar, lemon juice, sumac, shallot, and pepper flakes in a food processor; season with salt and black pepper.
- For the beef kebabs to grill; cook over medium-high heat, covered, to desired doneness (about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare). Let kebabs rest 5 minutes.
- While resting, brush kebabs with chimichurri. Serve remaining chimichurri on the side.